BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Σάββατο 9 Ιουνίου 2012

Never too late



“You haven’t studied…again.”
 “I’m sorry miss Veronica…I’ll be sure to study for next time.”
 “You said that last time…and the time before that.”

Kim sat there silently, staring at times at her book or around her room, anywhere apart from in Veronica’s direction, hoping that she would just continue with the lesson. However, Veronica wasn’t going to let it go that easily this time.

“You do realize that there is no point continuing if you don’t study, right?”
 “I’m sorry, i…”
 “Don’t bother apologizing. I get paid either way, so it’s the same for me. Its you that is wasting your time and money this way. And it’s a shame.”

Veronica was neither angry nor annoyed. But surely she preferred it when her students progressed. It did become a bit tiring to repeat the same thing again and again. therefore a slight nagging of her students is something she tended to do. Plus, truth be told, their reaction was rather alluring. The way they often became slightly red with shame and their eyes became watery.

“I guess I’ll have to discuss it with your parents then.”
 “No!”

I must admit that I wasn’t expecting such an intense reaction. Surely no kid liked it when I said that. Although at the end, I just used it to get them to study. But in Kim’s case an expression of panic formed on her face and a single tear ran down her cheek. Now…normally that is as far as I push it, but after seeing that lovely tear… I wanted to see more… What kind of monster could be attracted from something like this?

“I’m sorry Kim, it’s not like I want to do it, but I really don’t see any other way…”
 “No please…you don’t understand…”

Tears were now running out of Kim’s big eyes and down her beautiful face… ah… It was so difficult to keep a serious expression… Such beauty, such vulnerability… But I need to stop this…

“My parents…if they find out that I haven’t been studying enough…they….”
 “Hush now…” Veronica said as she gave Kim a hug. She was trembling slightly and her tears were now falling on the shoulder of Veronica’s shirt. A slight feeling of regret passed through Veronica, as she felt the shaking of this little girl, who was now crying in her arms... She wanted to comfort her... Or, at least, this is what a part of her wanted.

“There is no need to worry Kim. I won't say anything to your parents.”

She then took Kim’s face in her hands and after staring at her for a while she took out a handkerchief and dried her tears. It was a bit risky from her side, but she then took Kim's face in her hands and kissed her gently on the cheek. Kim smiled shyly and blushed slightly.

“Better now?” Veronica asked, smiling broadly.
 “Yes miss… Thank you…” Kim said slowly while smiling slightly.
 “What do you say we call it a night? Get some rest and we can do the extra time in the next lesson.”
 “Ok, if you don’t mind…”
 “Not at all.”
“Thank you very much, you are really nice.” Kim said as she smiled and waved her goodbye.

Veronica simply smiled back, wondering if she should’ve replied the same way she did just a few moments ago.
Her thoughts were now already to the next lesson.
At times like these, she was both grateful and regretful that she didn’t tell her students to come to her house for the lessons. Although… Its never too late…